South Australian Railways
O - Open Wagons
Commencing in 1924 the SAR took delivery of
600 O wagons in knocked-down form from American Car & foundry, they
were assembled at Islington workshops. These were rivetted construction
with full height pressed side panels. During
1927-1928 Islington workshops built a further 150 cars to a similar
1954 the SAR built a further 100 wagons but with all welded construction
and three quarter height pressed side panels. These
wagons fulfilled a variety of traffic roles and all the rivetted wagons
were progressively rebuilt to the same external appearance as the later
series of wagons. The
wagons are all 43' long and have four double doors.
The model was initially designed and tooled by Eureka Models, Phoenix have revised the design and expanded the range to cover a larger variety of prototypes.